- Tours Highlight Sustainability Efforts by Ventura County Growers - Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 3:02 PM
California produce growers and distributors were able to see Ventura County's sustainable growing practices firsthand during tours of the area.
A group of attendees of the Produce Marketing Association's Fresh Summit in Anaheim recently made a visit to Agromin's Santa Paula organic materials recycling facility.
The next day, other growers and produce distributors were part of a tour organized by the Ventura County Sustainability Exchange.The group stopped at Limoneira Company, Calavo Growers, San Miguel Produce, Deardorff Family Farms and Houweling's Tomatoes.
The goal of the tours was to give produce industry leaders an up-close look at Ventura County sustainable agriculture.The Ventura County Sustainability Exchange tour was coordinated by Measure to Improve LLC; a sustainability-consulting firm helping agricultural businesses optimize their programs for people, planet and profits. Cool Planet, Agromin, Driscoll's, Houweling's, San Miguel, Deardorff, Limoneira and Calavo were tour sponsors.
- Reduce Water Use: Plant a Drought-Tolerant Landsca...
- Professional Turf Specialties and Agromin Team up ...
- Simi Valley Boys & Girls Club Digs Into New Garden...
- Drop Off Wood and Green Waste at Simi Valley Landf...
- Agromin's Bill Camarillo listed in Who's Who in Ag...
- Use Mulch in Summer Gardens to Hold In Moisture, R...
- How to Maintain a Beautiful Garden in July
- Think Before You Toss: Green Waste in Green Waste ...
- Extended Learning Academy Gardens Bring Outdoor Jo...
- Rob Lerner Explains Biochar